:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ethereum Meetup Barc…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Manfred Karrer
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ethereum Meetup Barcelona

Am 07.02.2014 um 18:01 schrieb Ruben Brito <urbenz@???>:

> I have a question about Ethereum. I love the project, but I don't know enough about it.
>
> 1) Who is on the board for Ethereum?

Founders are: Vitalik Buterin, Anthony Di lorio, Charles Hoskinson, Mihai Alisie
See the webpage (http://ethereum.org) for more info.

> Someone has told me there is a former Goldman Sachs employee on there, but I didn't see a board listed on the website as of a week or two ago. I did hear Goldman and Sachs referenced in the video.

There are 1 or 2 quantitative analysts who have worked once for Goldman Sachs as far as i know, but they are not in the founders board and ethereum has absolute not connection to GS. They try to build some advanced financial products as a proof of concept to find early weaknesses in the design, as far as i have heard.
The discussions in bitcointalk and reddit is like always very noisy and a lot of bullshit…

Ethereum is much more then a financial platform, think of it as Android for crypto apps.

> 2) How much ether is premined? I know it's nowhere near 50%, and when I asked Vitalik he said some was premined, but didn't give a percentage.

The IPO model is still in discussion. The IPO will be probably in 2-4 weeks.

Today at 18:00 EST is a live discussion with all 4 founders on reddit.

Here are some links:
Main site: http://ethereum.org

Code: https://code.ethereum.org

Blog: http://blog.ethereum.org

Wiki: http://wiki.ethereum.org

Whitepaper: http://ethereum.org/ethereum.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ethereumproject

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ethereumproject

Google+: http://google.com/+EthereumOrgOfficial

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum

Best to read the whitepaper and the blog for current discussions to get an overview. There are also some videos with interviews and a video from the Miami conference out there (reddit)...

br,
manfred