:: Re: [Libbitcoin] obworker uses up a…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Noel Maersk
Aan: libbitcoin
Onderwerp: Re: [Libbitcoin] obworker uses up all memory and crashes [WAS: Re: New releases for libbitcoin/Obelisk/sx]
On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 11:29:50PM +0000, Amir Taaki wrote:

> This is why libbitcoin doesn't work so well on HDDs. If we can find
> a way to make it perform better without significantly comprimising
> elegance, and without comprimising on SSD performance then it should
> be fixed. But I don't think it's a good idea to loose too much sleep
> over it.

> libbitcoin is a design for tomorrow; solving yesterday’s problems
> today is for slow-moving leviathans.

Agreed on both points.

It is not HDD support that bothers me, but the fact that Obelisk can be
crashed by an improper configuration (hardware in this case).

If it's stable with one obworker per SSD, will it be stable with a
hundred?

My argument is that is should fail predictably. That is, continue
working sluggishly instead of dying.