:: Re: [Libbitcoin] obworker uses up a…
Top Pagina
Auteur: mlmikael
Aan: libbitcoin
Onderwerp: Re: [Libbitcoin] obworker uses up all memory and crashes [WAS: Re: New releases for libbitcoin/Obelisk/sx]

Aha Amir, if basically on an SSD the IO issues should *never* happen
with very very very good margins, then I agree with you, this is a good
solution, in particular if this workaround you suggested (quoted below;
which as a side-effefct provides a non-graceful shutdown) does prevent a
full safeguard against the crash and burn scenario i.e. libbitcoin is
robust. That's what it does right?

Is it committed so l.b. is now safe?

Thanks

On 2014-01-07 22:08, Amir Taaki wrote:

> So if the buffer queue is too big, then don't queue writes?
>
> Would this be a good scheme:
>
> * Have a value in the service poller called:
>
> size_t blocks_queued_count_ = 0;
>
> * Change the block storage code when a new block is received to:
>
> if (blocks_queued_count_ > queue_capacity_)
> {
> log_debug(LOG_POLLER) << "Throttling writer.";
> return;
> }
> chain_.store(block, ...)
> ++blocks_queued_count_;
>
> * Change the callback in the store to decrement the counter:
>
> --blocks_queued_count_;
>
> How does that sound?

Links:
------