:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Matching previous …
Author: Noel Maersk
To: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] Matching previous object found
On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 11:45:05AM +0100, mlmikael wrote:
> Higher performance is always cool.
>
> However sometimes even that doesn't deliver - a high-bandwidth low-IO
> VPS, a server with a performance bump etc. - there's always a
> circumstance that could fry IO performance transitorily, and in those
> cases, you want libbitcoin to remain rock solid.
>
> Is this the case now?

No. There are hardware setups (like the one you outlined, I'm running it
on a VPS just like that) where libbitcoin/Obelisk are unstable. I hope
libblockchain will fix that - otherwise, the only way is throttling,
e.g. reducing the number of connections.

> (It sounded a bit like lb catches fire if there's an IO lag this is why
> I asked these things - if so that would be terrible as it'd be a kind of
> a ticking bomb logic about it)

The issue is mostly visible when downloading the blockchain from block
1, since there's a lot of very small blocks, and all peers have them.