:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Matching previous …
Author: mlmikael
To: Amir Taaki, Libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] Matching previous object found

Can't write requests block internally somehow in such a way that writes
always succeed unless there's a physical error about the storage medium?

On 2014-01-04 18:38, Amir Taaki wrote:

> Ah yes, the block writer being overqueued on spinning disks is a
> problem, especially since we're indexing the full history and other
> data. Writes will be optimised further:
> https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Libbitcoin/Blockchain [1]On 04/01/14 13:37, William Swanson wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Robert Williamson <bobalot@???> wrote: This has happened to me a few times before, I think it is due to how libbitcoin handles the initial download of blocks while it is catching up to the current height. I think we're requesting getblocks from too many peers at once, or timing out too quickly (a peer might be under load or have a slow/congested connection) and we're getting another copy of the data later on, leading to the duplicate objects. This usually isn't a problem, leave it for a while and it will eventually restart the download and catch up, maybe we need to add something for handling the initial block download when we know we're more than a few thousand blocks behind, even after the bootstrap, there is still a large amount of data that we need to get. Ah, this makes sense. Another interpretation might be that the block writer thread can't keep up, and that it's work queue is overflowing. I know for a fact that the block writer is

IO-bound on my hard disk, and the blocks are coming in awfully fast. This would also explain why things are fine until about 1000 blocks have been downloaded, and then start getting progressively worse. Either way, I'll just follow your advice and let things be for now. -William _______________________________________________ Libbitcoin mailing list Libbitcoin@??? https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/libbitcoin [2]

Links:
------
[1] https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Libbitcoin/Blockchain