:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CC…
Author: Robert Williamson
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jacob Applebaum @ CCC
It's been theorised that the 1933 address also belongs to DPR (
https://blockchain.info/address/1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a) and
some people on the bitcointalk forums have managed to link some of these
inputs to ones used in the confiscation in October, it looks like he has
almost 2x the amount that was seized. So I doubt that the CIA/NSA ran it
and put a load of the cash into a vanity address starting with 1933 (due to
the 1933 confiscation of gold
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102)

I am certain that the FBI are running SR 2.0 and have been since it
launched, if they can see the full cash flow going in and out, it will be
easy to eventually trace some of the sellers, even mixing will only help
them to a certain extent, I'm unsure of how long they'll be able to do this
though, they're really only pushing these people more underground.

People like to build up theories when they struggle to believe things. Silk
road was built by a physics graduate with an average knowledge of web
design and security, he posted adverts for recruiting devs and moderators
numerous times, he was also overly trusting of others which lead to his
eventual downfall.

The NSA or any government could have taken control over Bitcoin mining
extremely easily during 2011/2012 and they probably could do so now. It
would only cost a few million to have 22nm wafers manufactured and then
they'd have the most efficient asics by a couple orders of magnitude than
what're currently shipping a datacenter full of these and they could then
start doing some high value double spends/only confirming their own
transactions if they manage to get quite far over 51% and make some
speculators start bailing until the proof of work is changed, or more
competition joins the mining.

The CIA drug trafficking op was more for gaining intelligence than them
actually making money, I'm pretty sure I read something about some agents
went rogue for themselves though.

Sorry to shit all over your theory, I just can't see it that way, It's the
same as the people who say Satoshi is a group of people/the CIA, people see
big things/lots of money and they want to think that the person couldn't
have done it on their own.

Thanks
Bob