:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Obelisk changes: m…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Robert Williamson
À: Amir Taaki, libbitcoin
Sujet: Re: [Libbitcoin] Obelisk changes: manually add outgoing nodes (grazcoin request)
For some reason reply doesn't always work for lists.dyne.org for me and it
goes straight to the sender. Adding list back in for transparency.

Something that is a bit of a non problem though, like from this leak you
replied to here
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1sinh7/hey_rbitcoin_we_are_the_developers_of_the_dark/cdy0neb

they don't understand that the Bitcoin specification is the
> consensus-critical part of the Satoshi source code. Instead they are
> pursuing a ground-up re-implementation, and like it or not, they're just
> not smart enough to get all the details right - nobody is.

This is where the foundation goes wrong and most of my concerns are for it.
Bitcoin is a protocol, not a software, if there is one thing the foundation
should do, it is to create rpc quality documentation for the protocol and
publish it. Then they can create a library with the satoshi code, then
they can build a node on top of that, then they can build a wallet.

Right now we have bitcoin is defined by bitcoind and what is chosen by the
foundation. A bit like how IE really defined the HTML standard back in the
late 90/early 2000's. Although less can go wrong with http than with the
bitcoin network, it would be insane for someone to say don't use firefox,
use IE because thats what most of the protocol already uses.

If the possibility of miners choosing libbitcoin to mine with is such a
concern, then they should audit the code, reimplementations are inevitable,
there will certainly be bumps along the way and blocks/forks will be
orphaned. But centralised development of one single client is not the way
forward.

Thanks
Bob