:: Re: [unSYSTEM] KryptoKit
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Robert Williamson
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] KryptoKit
Before everyone gets bummed out by how someone has beaten us to it.
Blockchain.info had a similar extension out for a while which stored the
private keys in the browser and clicking it would open a full page of their
mywallet, but using the keys stored in the browser.

Also, from the sparecoins source.
https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/SpareCoinsExt/blob/3aa5e1dacba16e8b0c4b80c01d0c040a7dfdf7a4/lib/sparecoins_lib.js#L27

Both KryptoKit and SpareCoins use blockchain.info for fetching data and
pushing your transactions, blockchain.info are certainly logging this data,
despite what they may say and depending how paranoid you are, they could be
selling this information to third parties.

>From blockchain.info:

> Any email address, skype username or google talk username you enter will
> be stored on blockchain.info's servers. We will never share this
> information with any third parties.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/anonymity

This doesn't mention anything about IP addresses, or data requests/ newly
pushed transactions. Even if it did, the legality behind it would be
questionable as it isn't written inside a terms and conditions .

Both these wallets also reuse the same address, leading to massive privacy
leaks.

KryptoKit messaging looks nice though, even if it is centralised, it looks
like it may be able to get more people used to PGP.

As Amir has said

> We are not making toys for yuppie students to buy snacks.

Nice as these wallets are, they're no more than a thin client to
blockchain.info for yuppie students to buy snacks.

We're not just building another wallet while discouraging address reuse,
we're building a full modular stack with obelisk and libbitcoin, we're
showing that these services can be build without centralised trust.

Thanks
Bob