:: [unSYSTEM] UK Prime Minister David …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Amir Taaki
Dátum:
Címzett: unsystem
Tárgy: [unSYSTEM] UK Prime Minister David Cameron Announces That Filters Used to Block Porn Will Also Block Websites Espousing "Extremist" Views in Order "to Keep Our Country Safe"
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmhansrd/cm131023/debtext/131023-0001.htm#13102356000002

    Paul Goggins (Wythenshawe and Sale East) (Lab): Two weeks ago, the
head of the Security Service warned about the extent of Islamist
extremism. This week, two individuals have been charged with serious
terrorist offences. What is the Prime Minister going to do in January
when, as a result of his Government’s legislation, some of those whom
the Home Secretary has judged to pose the greatest threat to our
security are released from the provisions of their terrorism prevention
and investigation measures?

    The Prime Minister: We have put in place some of the toughest
controls that one can possibly have within a democratic Government, and
the TPIMs are obviously one part of that. We have had repeated meetings
of the extremism task force—it met again yesterday—setting out a whole
series of steps that we will take to counter the extremist narrative,
including by blocking online sites. Now that I have the opportunity, let
me praise Facebook for yesterday reversing the decision it took about
the showing of beheading videos online. We will take all these steps and
many more to keep our country safe.

    Q11. [900629] Julian Smith (Skipton and Ripon) (Con): Following the
reckless handling by The Guardianof the Snowden leaks, will the Prime
Minister join me in paying tribute to the women and men of our
intelligence services, who have no voice but who do so much to keep this
country safe?

    The Prime Minister: My hon. Friend is absolutely right. It is one of
the greatest privileges of my job to work with our intelligence and
security services and to meet some of the people who work for them. He
is right to say that they do not get thanked enough publicly because of
the job they do, but I am absolutely convinced that the work that GCHQ,
MI5 and MI6 do on behalf of our country helps to keep us safe. We have
seen that again this week with the arrests that have taken place. Once
again, this came from brilliant policing work and brilliant intelligence
work, helping to keep our country safe. We cannot praise these people
too highly.

-------------------

Remember those beheading videos from Saudi Arabia he was demanding that
Bitcoin censor. Maybe this motherfucker should stop supporting Saudi
Arabia instead of trying to cover up their human rights abuses.

This is the same tactics that led to the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation)
being formed after pressure was heaped on the ISPs by the metropolitan
police and a certain company was heavily demonised as enabling child
pornography.

We cannot trust these sneaky people and their everlasting quest for
control. The history of the internet is the same narrative as Bitcoin's
ongoing story.