:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Coin Validation
Top Pagina
Auteur: Robert Williamson
Aan: System undo crew
CC: Jon Matonis
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] Coin Validation
A bit off-topic, I knocked this up this afternoon for a bit of fun.

https://github.com/Bobalot/PaymentServer

It's a flask app which generates a unique bitcoin address from an electrum
mpk for each IP address that makes a request to it and stores the address
for 10 minutes, before issuing a new one.

If you run this on your site with an ssl certificate, people have a valid
way to make anonymous donations to you, without reusing addresses and they
can validate your certificate belongs to you and there is no man in the
middle. Included is a basic page with qrcode and a /getnewaddress route
which returns a plaintext bitcoin address.

Also included is a tool to scan the addresses (using blockchain.info which
isn't very private) to search for unspent outputs.

It left me thinking if we could implement a pay to domain type feature,
which would be able to use ssl to verify the users identity and include in
in the URI scheme.

Eg,

bitcoin:1PRZJ1C13nJ9r6d38Z5foTjqvjdWtvp2z7?fresh_address=
domain.com/getnewaddress

Old clients would just use 1PRZJ1C13nJ9r6d38Z5foTjqvjdWtvp2z7, new clients
could look up https://domain.com/getnewaddress and use the address returned
through there if the ssl connection was trusted. People would then be able
to embed static URIs or qrcodes where they liked and anyone could send them
funds by using their client to get a new address from their domain.

example here.

https://robertwilliamson.net/
https://robertwilliamson.net/getnewaddress

Thanks