:: Re: [unSYSTEM] cooperative business…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Benjamin Cordes
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] cooperative business models through bitcoin
One fundamental principles is: I own the fruits of my labour. But if I
"own" a company I "own" the fruits of labour of other people. For example
suppose I'm able to sell a service which is worth 100$/hour, and hire two
contractors and pay them each 25$, I earn 50$/hour without doing work. The
workers might be very happy to earn the 25$, but they might be angry that I
profit from them. But perhaps I invested 100 hours to make this happen, and
now deserve a payoff. Is making a profit immoral? Google is worth 345B$ and
has 53,000 employees. All of this based on the idea of two 20 year old
students at Stanford. The early employees got an equity share and are
generally very rich. On the other hand corporations like Nike are often
rightly condemned for their business practices.