:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Parsons speech at a …
Author: Benjamin Cordes
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Parsons speech at a finance conference: Very recent.
Well, for one it's impossible to know (and the other one was I didn't care,
because of the amount). Intermediation is costly. The *whole* point of
Bitcoin is to get rid of intermediaries which make money off other people,
like banks, insurance companies, corrupted governments, and so on. Why
would I use bitcoin, if my risk is higher and can get ripped of by people
the same way if I use the old system? If I want to spend months to
investigate which exchange follows a half-decent conduct, or pay 5% fees
for local exchange I might as well use the world-wide banking
infrastructure.

Again, the idea that world should operate without any laws whatsoever, is
not very well informed at all, and misses the whole potential that is
Bitcoin. Even in the middle ages there was the magna charta, which had some
basic human rights in it, also relating to taxes. I'm just annoyed at the
level of understanding of many people involved reading the dev-list. This
belief that they were born in this world, and this is the way the world
always was and will be.