:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The law of the free
Author: Benjamin Cordes
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] The law of the free
Imagine we have a Bitcoin like network (say it's identical to the current
network as of today). The network has a static address attached to it. This
address is the called the mutual account and is known to everybody (the
balance and the address). Every transaction has a fee which goes to the
miner, but also a percentage which goes to this mutual account. The mutual
account is locked securely by mechanism in the network. It can be only
released given an agreement mechanism. This could be a simple vote or any
other similar scheme. Every user of the network aggregates payments over
the network (total BTC volume transfer). Instead of having only a fee for
proof of work, we have a fee for support of the network. The user of the
network gets notified via an anonymous separate Unique Ressource Location.
There he will be able to login to a central server. On the central server
he can decide how the collected fee will be spent. The network developers
put up projects on the server and work on keeping them safe. This way
bootstrapped resources can be used to built out the network. Also there
would be better mechanisms for users to decide on how the network should
evolve. We can easily cap the fees or invent any scheme we want.

I'm currently reading Law and Revolution by Harold J. Berman. Here is one
quote of many which is relevant: "the law contains within itself a legal
science, a meta-law, by which it can be both analyzed and evaluated. Money
is never just a neutral token. It is issued by governments through the
banking system. Because the banking laws are written by the banks, this
system has created the monstrosity of modern banking. This is clear as day
after 2008, but absolutely nothing has been done. Quite the contrary. The
central banks have printed unbelievable quantities of money (the Fed
balance sheet trippled under Helicopter Ben). However, it is hard to find
any economist in the world who really understands this, because of
political blindness. This is true for breakdown of the financial system and
government.