:: Re: [unSYSTEM] libbitcoin 1.4 (and …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Pieter Hintjens
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] libbitcoin 1.4 (and obelisk/sx 0.2)
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Amir Taaki <genjix@???> wrote:

> That sounds cool. My last conference had 350 people but anything up to
> 1000 people is possible. What are you thinking? We're going to put up
> a Wiki soon and I'll be able to send you some links with more info.

1,000 is a lot... :-) My largest events had 300 attendees.

I think with 1,000 people I'd work it around the location, with a main
track and then free offshoots. I really liked the unconf format, it
gave amazing results and was so easy to put together. I took videos:
http://vimeo.com/38345087 for instance.

Here was the single wiki page for organization:
http://zeromq.org/event:pdxconf2012

So our formula was:

- find a city, date, and location
- wiki page with info and self-registration
- minimal team to handle security and refreshments
- minimal team to handle audio/video/Internet
- that's it

No entrance fee, badges, no programs, etc.

-Pieter