:: Re: [unSYSTEM] on violence and kill…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mike Gogulski
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] on violence and killing
The NAP is not baloney. What is baloney is the way a lot of people
interpret it.

In my ethics, if someone violently robs me on pain of death and I'm
never compensated in any way, I **or anyone else** is morally justified
in taking what was stolen from me from the robber (at any time, even
years in the future), and doing so with violence if necessary in
proportion to the resistance and threat encountered.

The "A" in nap stands for "aggression" but what it really means is
"unjustified, indefensible aggression". Recover the stolen property as
above is justified, defensible aggression, assuming that asking nicely
doesn't result in the robber giving up the goods. No NAP violation occurs.

Now apply the same logic to, say, someone in a clown suit[1] violently
subduing, abducting, caging and torturing a person for, say, posessing a
frowned-upon plant or powder, or failing to produce some stupid document
they are "supposed" to have, as if, unlike other entities, humans need
permission to live.

If you get through that chain of thought, you'll understand "fuck the
police!", "fire to the prisons!" and son on a whole lot better, even
from a "plumbline" NAP-based American-libertariansm-grounded perspective.

[1]
http://www.nostate.com/37/the-clown-suit-defense-and-the-excuses-of-symbols/