:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ross Ulbricht’s par…
Author: Caleb James DeLisle
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ross Ulbricht’s parents say zero chance of murder-for-hire
Lets play a little 'what if' game. I know next to nothing about silkroad so
I'm probably going to get something wrong but bare with me.

What if Ross is as innocent as he could be while still being the operator
of silkroad. Just a sort of craigslist with escrow. Now what if the FBI got
a message from an anonymous TOR person that said "Hi, I'm Ross Ulbricht, I run
silkroad and I would like you to murder someone". In court this is not going
to stand up for one moment but they entered the information in their criminal
complaint so he is already convicted of murder in the minds of many.

Maybe the FBI agents heard this and they "saw what they wanted to see" in it,
maybe they intentionally added this to the complaint to foil attempts at raising
money in his defense, we don't know.

What if they ammend their complain removing any word of murder for hire and
direct drug dealing and charge him only for his role in operating SR? What if
they encounter very little legal defense because those who might have donated
have already written him off as a murderer?

All I have to say is please lets not rush to judgement, if he is guilty of
murder then he will probably be found guilty, hopefully to be humainly confined
as is the norm among civil societies. If he was only a peaceful operator of a
forum, another Aaron Swartz, a person who only broke the law to change things,
then his sentencing should reflect not just his actions but his *intent*,
something which is unlikely if he cannot mount an effective defense.

Thanks,
Caleb