:: Re: [unSYSTEM] unSYSTEM Event: Pote…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Vitalik Buterin
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] unSYSTEM Event: Potential New Venue + Plans
> Every conference so far from what I hear has been missing a place to
actually use the currency the conference was about (how embarrassing is
that?

Didn't anyone read that big long series of articles I wrote about Porcfest?

Seriously though, that was a Bitcoin event done right. The whole event was
a week-long tent village, and there were tents selling merchandise and
food, most accepting BTC, throughout the whole week. There were
presentations, but presentations weren't really the focus (who wants to sit
and watch presentations for 12h a day for a week straight?); interacting
with people was the focus.

In general I like the idea of making the event much more decentralized;
encourage individual people/groups/businesses to set up shop, offer
mini-presentations from time to time; also, we can have a "Bitcoin
university" sub-theme to the conference with people setting up and teaching
lessons to smaller groups of, say, 4-40, with more interactivity (eg.
basics of Python Bitcoin programming, learn Esperanto, how do decentralized
mixers work, etc). Sitting there listening to people speak for 2h, going to
lunch, and then sitting there listening for 2h again is boring. Let's make
unSYSTEM fun.