:: [unSYSTEM] unSYSTEM Event: Potentia…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Amir Taaki
Aan: unsystem
Onderwerp: [unSYSTEM] unSYSTEM Event: Potential New Venue + Plans
Hi,

I've been looking to change the event location. The date is getting
close but I think it's worth it. The Vienna venue costs 60-80k EUR and
if I can have even a fraction of that, I can do much more like invest
in real infrastructure, keep ticket prices down and get more cooler
speakers on board.

Here in Barcelona, there is a good network of people that will help
with organising this conference providing catering and all the
logistics for us.

We've found a really awesome location, and I'm awaiting confirmation
of the place:

http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_Batll%C3%B3_%28la_Bordeta%29
http://canbatllo.wordpress.com/

It's an abandoned factory complex that looks like a mini-city. We
could build a proper Bitcoin marketplace there the month beforehand,
getting in local merchants from this Catalan cooperative to offer a
variety of good and services in Bitcoin.

Because of the place, and availability of locations, we could do a
week long event focused on Bitcoin / social change with a week long
hackathon. Nearby is a techno-industrial colony where different groups
and startups are working on Bitcoin project (the Bitcoin Magazine crew
is there, and various friends from London and around europe).

Tickets
=======

Donation based. Pay what you can afford, and get different rewards
depending on how much you pay.

The Format
==========

So what can we offer for unSYSTEM?

- - A big exhibition on the history of science and technology at the
entrance.
- - Merchants and street stalls offering food and various local products
in Bitcoin.
- - Fiat money burning ceremony.
- - Workshop on making molotov cocktails which you can test on a police car.
- - Charity tables accepting Bitcoin section.
- - Local exchange market, second hand good market, free shop and
services stalls.
- - Enormous banners about technology from the walls, and lots of
political posters everywhere. Flags like Pirate Party.
- - Van de Graaf generator and Tesla Coils.
- - 3D printer. Model of Cody's Liberator gun for people to pick and
pose with for the camera.
- - Bitcoin poker game using Casascius coins.
- - Art installations.
- - Occupy London tents everywhere.
- - Huge Bitcoin drape down banners.
- - Light shows and LEDs.
- - Organisers wear white labcoats.
- - OpenFrameworks interactive installations.
- - DDR games. Multiplayer videogames (Tetris)
- - Bookshelves, glass tables and sofas everywhere.
- - Creche for children to play in.
- - Silk Road and Atlantis booths.
- - Exhibition of money like the old huge currency notes.

There will be lots of visuals and live music everywhere.