:: [Bricolabs] Fwd: [spectre] call for…
Author: Gabriel Menotti
Subject: [Bricolabs] Fwd: [spectre] call for proposals: FLOSSIE 2013
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: larisa blazic <lab_web@???>
Date: 2013/6/29
Subject: [spectre] call for proposals: FLOSSIE 2013
To: "spectre@???" <spectre@???>

Apologies for x-posting, really sorry if you get this more than once!

CfP: FLOSSIE 2013, 8/9 November, QMUL, London, UK

Flossie 2013 is a two-day event for women who are interested in any aspect
of open technology, open knowledge, digital arts, and social innovation.
Whether you code, tinker, use FLOSS in your projects, or want to explore
open alternatives, all women are welcome - from expert to novice, or
anywhere in between.

The conference is organised on a volunteer basis by an independent network
of women practitioners and we keep the cost very low to encourage wide
participation. We're interested in FLOSS development in digital arts,
creative industries, social innovation - and all things open from hardware
and software to knowledge, data, research and education - anything open!

Flossie 2013 is a chance to showcase your project, share skills, or talk
about something which really interests you. We're also scheduling plenty of
time to network, share and build on ideas, and to meet new friends and
old.

Call for proposals:

We’re inviting proposals for all aspects of the day.
1. Talk about your current project or a project you’d like to set up
2. Skills sharing workshops on any aspect of Free/Libre Open Source
software, hardware, data – anything open!
3. Talk about social innovation and diversifying technology design
4. Send us your idea for an activity – as long as it's open! Even if you
don’t feel you have the expertise yourself, and just have an idea, let us
know.

Deadline: 19 July 2013

Submit your proposal here: http://www.flossie.org/openconf/

If you have any questions, please email conf@??? or find more