:: Re: [Bricolabs] after festival, ho…
Author: Brian Degger
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] after festival, how was Bricolabs activity in Pixelache ?
It was great to feel the network, and meet more of the network, and see how
it interfaces with other networks :)
I had a super time there, learnt a bit about stuff and stenciling, got to
meet similarly-orientated-in-brain-space people from different places :)

I like the idea of spirit-u-ality being more "in the spirit of" or sharing
a similar "ethos" or "motivation". Also thinking more about resilience has
brought fruits, as well as looking at human convivial technologies.

"Open Space" "bar camp" "walking and talking" "travelling together"

On researching a young catholic movement I was involved in (before I
lapsed) I came across Cursillo, as the central framework it was based upon.

The pixelache camp might be secular versions of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cursillo (and the trip to the island may have
fulfilled the cursillo stipulation of 3 days).

The *cursillo* focuses on showing Christian lay people how to become
effective Christian leaders over the course of a three-day weekend. The
weekend includes fifteen talks, some given by priests and some by lay
people, those talks are called "rollos". The major emphasis of the weekend
is to ask participants to take what they have learned back into the world,
on what they call the "fourth day". The method stresses personal spiritual
development, as accelerated by weekly group reunion (after the weekend).

These are old technologies, but effective.
ciao ciao