:: [Bricolabs] FINAL READER CALL:
Author: Sonja van Kerkhoff
To: brico list eco new media list
Subject: [Bricolabs] FINAL READER CALL:
We, the editors of the Reader, are trying to map the how and why of Brico
> >into the wider Reader text -- and this is only possible with your
> >contributions and reflections. We feel that this input is necessary to allow us to
> >understand the network at this point in time.
> >
> >How and why did you, the members of the Bricolabs network, arrive at the
> >Brico 0ption: through what connections, by what pathways, through which PEOPLE

I was added to this list, I think by Jaromil some years ago, who I know personally.
And while I rarely respond to anything many of the issues or ideas are things that resonate with me. The main reason I don't respond much is because I am very busy - and many things here need more time to think through (for me at least) however two concrete things:
via BricolabsI got to know Jean-Noel Montagne and his wonderful project: Open Source Wash http://www.oswash.org/ and had the honour of giving the wordpress site a new look.And one day I'd like to help to make the site even more accessible to non-techy people, but it is a wonderful resource regardless.

And I got to know Suzon Fuks and her 'waterwheel' project and ended up participating in 3 ways with this. And likewise, if I have time, I'd like to do more there too.
a brief bio in case it is useful.Sonja van Kerkhoff, born Aotearoa/New Zealand, is an artist and designer who has been based in the Netherlands since 1989. www.sonjavank.comcurrent projects: sonjavank.wordpress.com / sensonja.wordpress.com
So the 'glue' for me -so far- is that occasionally there's a project where I see room for me to contribute in a practical way. I like it that we all come from very different worlds/lifestyles and I see our 'glue' as being that we all care about the environment and try to use our skills to raise awareness of the many many alternative ways we can live more sustainably, even if it is just reusing one plastic bag.