:: Re: [unSYSTEM] IMEI number on mobil…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Pavol Luptak
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] IMEI number on mobile phones
On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 05:35:05PM +0200, Juraj Bednar wrote:
> I don't care about plausible deniability in location. It can not be used
> as evidence in court.
>
> I don't want my movement to be tracked.

Without widespread use of wifi (or some other technology)-mesh network
(like funkfeuer) this can be really difficult (and I think we should reach
this goal using classic GSM/3G network). I was thinking about a phone that can
change IMEI on the fly, I found this "STEALTH-PHONE" that should be able to
do it:

http://www.endoacustica.com/details_stealth_phone_en.htm

The Stealth Phone is able to change IMEI code in different ways: systematically
or manually, using simple procedures.

IMEIs can be caught using OsmocomBB ('show ms') using cheap old Motorola phones
or with more expensive hardware (IMSI/IMEI catcher
http://www.ukspyequipment.com/more/on/details/00052 ).

So the plan is:

1. Come to your 'favourite' parliament with IMSI/IMEI catcher and make
a nice list of IMEIs of your 'favourite' politicians.

2. Buy multiple anonymous SIM cards (multiple IMSI).

3. Buy STEALTH-PHONE capable to change IMEI on-the-fly

4. In your STEALTH-PHONE enumerate IMEI frequently of every politician's phone

5. Be free & stealthy :-)

The problem is that in some countries (like Turkey, India, etc) only
a predefined registered list of IMEIs is allowed with the local SIM cards,
it is not possible to use random IMEI - that's why the visit to your
parliament is inevitable :)

Pavol
[Pavol Luptak, Nethemba s.r.o.] [http://www.nethemba.com] [tel: +421905400542]