:: Re: [unSYSTEM] IMEI number on mobil…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Pavol Luptak
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] IMEI number on mobile phones
On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 04:52:40PM +0200, Juraj Bednar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > But of course
> > GSM localization is still possible and some deanonymization techniques can be
> > used, especially if you carry your phone every day from your home to your
> > office or have some other repetitive patterns that can be used for
> > deanonymization.
>
> These deanonymization techniques are not a vague threat, they are very
> real. Here police does NOT NEED a warrant for localization of your
> phone.

The paper is here:
http://www.nature.com/srep/2013/130325/srep01376/full/srep01376.html

> Your movement is like fingerprint, much more reliable than an IMEI you
> can change or SIM card ID.
>
> If you change both and then go to your favorite restaurant to buy a
> tasty "Middle East Burger" and from there to your favorite hackerspace,
> you are busted.
>
> Unless you change your movement patterns precisely at the same moment
> as both your SIM and IMEI, you are done.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a pool of anonymous SIM cards with
some friends and change them (e.g daily) by random people from the pool.
(but accounting can be a problem, because everybody uses phone differently,
but some flat mobile programs can be a solution).

And make the anonymous service that allows everybody to subscribe to your
pool of many anonymous SIM cards that will be used by different anonymous
subscribers. But this "plausible-deniability" anonymous SIM card service
would be probably illegal very soon...

> I like what Fon is doing, except:
> - it's not anonymous
> - when you join a Fon spot, there's that ugly splash screen that you
> need to go through.
>
> If you solve a roaming issue and for example buy a token of access every
> 30 days and use it as a password for EAP/802.1x that works
> automatically, I would not believe I am not having a wet dream.

BTW, this may be solved by bitcoin micro payments:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts#Example_7:_Rapidly-adjusted_.28micro.29payments_to_a_pre-determined_party

Pavol
[Pavol Luptak, Nethemba s.r.o.] [http://www.nethemba.com] [tel: +421905400542]