:: Re: [Frei0r] release please?
Author: Cristian Morales Vega
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] release please?
On 6 March 2013 14:26, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
>
>> On 24 February 2013 13:52, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
>> > did I miss anything?
>>
>> I know it's too late. But just in case it can be automated and fixed for 1.5...
>>
>> - The version wasn't updated in configure.ac
>> AC_INIT(frei0r-plugins, [1.3.0],
>
> ACK. slipped through. hopefully distributions will notice...

Should we patch this? I didn't check if the version has any real
impact on anything.

>> - include/config.h.in is rebuilt all the time
>> I guess something was playing with the timestamps when creating the
>> tar. The one of include/config.h.in is older than... probably a few
>> milliseconds older something inside m4/, I didn't check.
>
> I don't understand well this problem. can you suggest a way to avoid it
> in future? a sequence of touch commands?

In the tarball the timestamp of aclocal.m4 is "Feb 24 13:44" and the
timestamp of include/config.h.in is "Feb 24 13:43".
Since aclocal.m4 is a dependency of include/config.h.in through a rule
created by automake, a "make" call rebuilds include/config.h.in. The
problem is that if the user hasn't autoheader installed the build will
fail.
The workaround is just "touch include/config.h.in". But it shouldn't be needed.

Why the timestamp of aclocal.m4 is more recent than the one of
include/config.h.in? No idea. But I guess something "touched"
aclocal.m4.