:: Re: [Frei0r] Medians filter added
Author: Marko Cebokli
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Subject: Re: [Frei0r] Medians filter added
On Wednesday, February 06, 2013 02:47:08 PM Dan Dennedy wrote:

> Please change the functions in small_medians.h to be static.

OK, will do, no problem with that.

> Also, please do not use an all numeric string parameter; that is abusing the
> rules. Either make a meaningful set of values like cross5, sq3x3, etc.
> or map them into the double [0,1] range.

This is the problem of the missing integer/list parameter type in Frei0r, we
discussed this here some time ago.
The problem with divided [0,1] range is, that the number of choices cannot be
changed at a latter time, without breaking existing projects which already use
the plugin.
Since I would like to leave open the possibility of adding new options in the
future, I choose the string type parameter.

I can change the srings to be more descriptive than numbers, no problem.

But I am not sure what would we gain with that? From the viewpoint of a non-
GUI user, he woud have to know the correct strings and type a few more
characters. So the strings would have to be written in the parameter
description. With number strings, adding ["0"..."10"] to the parameter
description would be sufficient.
Typing single digits is also simpler than typing fractions, as needed for
divided [0...1].

And the GUI user won't see a difference anyway.

Marko Cebokli