:: [Bricolabs] Was Re: bricolache IRC …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Brian Degger
A: Bricolabs
Asunto: [Bricolabs] Was Re: bricolache IRC meeting - log Now: Interactivos?'13
Speaking of booksprint
http://medialab-prado.es/?lang=en
Interactivos?'13 Tools for a Read-Write World. Call for
Projects<http://medialab-prado.es/article/ilgru_call_projects>

Medialab-Prado and The Libre Graphics Research Unit <http://lgru.org/> are
seeking for projects to be collaboratively developed during a two-weeks
workshop to be held in Madrid, 15-27 April, 2013. We are interested in your
ideas for tools to design, edit, draw and write together. This edition
focuses on (re)inventing a Libre Graphics workflow that supports
collaboration and exchange.

Advisors: Libre Graphics Magazine editorial
team<http://medialab-prado.es/person/libre_graphics_magazine> (ginger
coons, Ana Carvalho and Ricardo Lafuente); Comunes
Collective<http://medialab-prado.es/person/comunes> -
KUNE collaborative software (Vicente Ruiz Jurado, Samer Hassan) and Jennifer
Dopazo <http://medialab-prado.es/person/jennifer_dopazo>. Curated by Femke
Snelting <http://medialab-prado.es/person/femke_snelting_>
(LGRU<http://lgru.org/>,
Constant)

Call Open: October 31 2012 – January 15, 2013.
Call for collaborators: February 5 – April 9, 2013.
Libre Graphics Meeting and presentations of the selected projects: April
10-13, 2013.
Workshop: April 15-27, 2013.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013, John Hopkins <jhopkins@???> wrote:
> Hi James -- (sorry on the re-post, I thought this would make it to the

listserv...)

>> Looking at the PiratePad notes all I would like to add is an extension to
>> the theme:
>>
>> Bricolabs and "Facing North / Facing South"
>>
>> Bricolabs are uncovering ways of engaging with technology which are

critical
>> and empowering. In the Global North, Bricolabs may manifest as creative

unemployment,
>> increasing precarity and post-industrial decline. In the Global South
>> Bricolabs often address similar issues, but in underdeveloped or rapidly
>> industrialising contexts. The centralising tendency of techno-capitalism
>> creates similar problems wherever it operates, and Bricolabs approaches

>> individual and local empowerment, community building, and acquisition of
>> technological and cultural capabilities may be applicable in the North

and
>> the South. This event will share these approaches and seeks to

understand the
>> critical factors that make engagement with technology genuinely

empowering,
>> sustainable and positive.
>>
>> Does that sound appropriate or useful?
>
> Since you ask, that thematic did come up, see the IRC chat log @
> http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/archives/62375 about 2/3 of the way in...
>
> my objection to that dialectic is that imho brico very much transcends &

goes
> beyond that very common Cartesian/materialist dichotomy that you frame,

and for
> that reason I see it as a step backwards (invoking Cartesian is to

empower that
> model of the world which then sets up spatial dichotomies, which then ...

etc)

> the idea of resonance transcends those old models ... and it does not

carry such
> a heavy load from any other particular models (or actually, it carries

many
> different views from many wildly different models!)
>
> "Resonance allows the universe (or any of its parts) to influence a human

being"
> (Kaptchuk, 2000, p.45)
>
> from scientific - http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/archives/62161
>
> to yogic - http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/archives/60166
>
> or such hybrid ideas: "As mindfulness scans a region of mind, resonances

appear
> as bright spots of particular order in a dim background. Resonance is a
> fundamental indication of higher or concentrated energy states.

Fundamental
> quantization of resonance will cause distributed peaks and troughs in the
> strength of resonance. The subtlety of resonance guides our movement

through the
> flows around us." from http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/archives/1708
>
> Just my 2-cents on that -- Felipe expressed some other points on that,

Tapio as