:: Re: [Bricolabs] bricolache IRC meet…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jean-Noël Montagné
A: brico
Asunto: Re: [Bricolabs] bricolache IRC meeting - log

> also Jean-Noel and Philippe who haven't replied
>to the call in the mailing list but might be
>interested as well (Alejo mentioned JNM today).

Dear bricohumans,

I would have loved to participate deeply to this
event, but my daughter Selma is waiting for a
little brother just at the end of April, few days
before pixelache, so I will not be really free in
this period, |-O , =-O , @>---- , and so on,
except for some online participation if I have
time to do it.

A word about some of my activities:

Since the Estive Numérique / Digital Peak
festival in 2010, I am involved in local french
degrowth brainstorming
http://www.degrowth.org/definition-2 and
political thinking in France about mesh network
democracy (vs pyramidal 'democracy'). I animate
some local debates about technology ( coltan
wars, zerodollarlaptop, FLOSS, privacy, etc)
about agriculture, ecology, degrowth, etc.

I am every day in a big fight in Nice against the
mayor because of an BTS (cellphone relay) antenna
at just 8 meters of the school of my daughter ( I
have founded this collective and associated
struggles http://pasdantennedevantlecole.org ) ,
lot of energy to spend...

Last summer in the alps during hackfest
apadoloup, I have validated the concept to
harvest rotating energy through the movement of
the trees in the wind ( part of the oswash
project and DIY energy projects). I hadn't time
to test the stone-electric-storage like described
here
http://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20120811.175748.c45eba08.ca.html
, I will do it next summer.

During this years also, I have brainstormed again
about a simplification of the bricophone project
using Morse code technologies and very-simple
very-low-cost microcontrollers to encode-decode
morse, and route the message through a mesh
topology.
Morse can use all possible hertzian frequencies
and crazy technologies ( including light and very
long distance stuff), (and also vibrations like
elephants or whales communicate...). The idea is
to send only short text messages ( twitter-like),
and not voice anymore: a 200 characters morse
text can be sent in a (few) second(s), and its
storage/transfer has few energetical impact. I
would love to work with attiny-atmel
microcontrollers experts, network and radio
experts like Alejo to make first tests. I don't
want to search an adaptation of this concept to
mobile phones, tablets, and wifi, bluetooth etc
as some people suggested, because mobile phones
are economically, ecologically, politically (etc)
-devils for me. I want to build an autonomous,
self powered, long-term working, ecological
device.

I have founded last year the first hackerspace in
Nice, http://www.nicelab.org and the progress is
quite low to my opinion, but we say in french "On
ne peut pas être à la fois au four et au moulin "

So, I am not very available for Pixelache, helas,
but, but, this summer, I organize a big
fiesta-camp for friends and some hackers, in the
Alps mountains, where the Estive festival was. It
will be the last week end of july, and the first
WE of august. People who want to stay between the
two fiestas (or after) will help me to rebuild
some walls and other bricolages. YOU ARE WELCOME
with your family and your tent. Good local
organic food and healthful open air activities in
this beautiful, peaceful and quiet mountain.
Transportation to Nice is low cost, even for
summer, if you book your train-flight-bus tickets
in Spring or share cars. Bus from Nice to the
mountain is one or two euros..
Please tell me apart if you want to come, from
South to North, from North to South...

Really great thematic in Pixelache this year...

A votre santé,

JN