:: Re: [Frei0r] autoconf build problem…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Onderwerp: Re: [Frei0r] autoconf build problems and switch to cmake only
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> > I have some problems with your changes for OS X. You are forcing the
> > use of clang over gcc and thereby disabling some plugins that do not
> > compile with clang. I am still building with gcc because it still
> > works fine and because I am using test_pat in Shotcut. Also, you are
> > forcing an (Intel) universal build, and on macports the architecture
> > is chosen automatically or by the user at install/build time.

> I overlooked for a moment that both of those builds (shotcut and
> macports) are still using autotools. So, as long as we keep it as you
> agreed then I don't have a major problem with it.

ok. The reasons to switch to clang is that it can build universal
binaries and it is the compiler recommended for OSX (rumors are that
XCode might even drop gcc in some future).

I understand the situation is not a blocker now, but indeed there are
two plugins that need to be deactivated and the problem doesn't seems
trivial to solve. OTOH using gcc on my end fails on other plugins, like
curves.c

ciao