:: Re: [Bricolabs] Call to Artists - "…
Página Inicial
Autor: marc
Para: Bricolabs
Assunto: Re: [Bricolabs] Call to Artists - "CONVERGENCE/DIVERGENCE"
Hi Suzon,

Well, I am usually very suspicious of any one considering themselves as
liberals, especially UK liberal party individuals.

In the Newstatesman a couple of weeks ago John Pilger (an Australian)
wrote an interesting article called 'Liberalism’s old world order'
http://tinyurl.com/9j2gr6m

"“It’s a nice and convenient myth that liberals are the peacemakers and
conservatives the warmongers,” wrote the historian Hywel Williams in
2001, “but the imperialism of the liberal way may be more dangerous
because of its openended nature – its conviction that it represents a
superior form of life [while denying its] self righteous fanaticism.” He
had in mind a speech by Tony Blair in the aftermath of the 11 September
2001 attacks, in which Blair promised to “reorder this world around us”
according to his “moral values”. At least a million dead later – in Iraq
alone – this tribune of liberalism is today employed by the tyranny in
Kazakhstan for a fee of $13m."

And when I use the term neoliberalism I think Pierre Bourdieu defined it
well...

"The movement toward the neoliberal utopia of a pure and perfect market
is made possible by the politics of financial deregulation. And it is
achieved through the transformative and, it must be said, destructive
action of all of the political measures (of which the most recent is the
Multilateral Agreement on Investment (MAI), designed to protect foreign
corporations and their investments from national states) that aim to
call into question any and all collective structures that could serve as
an obstacle to the logic of the pure market: the nation, whose space to
manoeuvre continually decreases; work groups, for example through the
individualisation of salaries and of careers as a function of individual
competences, with the consequent atomisation of workers; collectives for
the defence of the rights of workers, unions, associations,
cooperatives; even the family, which loses part of its control over
consumption through the constitution of markets by age groups."

The essence of neo-liberalism. UTOPIA OF ENDLESS EXPLOITATION. Pierre
Bourdieu.
http://www.homme-moderne.org/societe/socio/bourdieu/varia/essneoUK.html

wishing you well.

marc