:: [Bricolabs] Platforms to experiment…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Felipe Fonseca
A: Bricolabs startup mailinglist
Assumpte: [Bricolabs] Platforms to experiment with wifi
Hi bricos

More techie-related, this one: we (me, Vince, others) are experimenting
with potential platforms for creating local networks with free/open
services via wifi (call them 'local-access intranets' or whatever - I
prefer labelling them wireless autonomous zones). I have been an Alix3d3
(great tip + logistics via Alejo) in the last three years or so with
excellent results, but would love to hear suggestions on alternative
hardware/platforms that would manage a wifi card or embedded adapter (in
AP/infrastructure mode) while keeping energy consumption low. Naturally,
running some kind of embedded GNU/Linux (my Alix is happily working on
Voyage Linux, based on Debian).

Anyone tried beagles/raspberries/whatever for such purposes?

All the best from an extended weekend in Ubatuba, where our bedroom and
our daughter's are finally built ;)

efe