:: Re: [Bricolabs] #OSJUBA - Open Sour…
Author: stephen kovats
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] #OSJUBA - Open Source Culture and Post-Conflict Development
Hi Vanessa,

you have all the reasons in the world to be 'suspicious' - the world of so-called 'international development' and 'knowledge transfer' are usually anything but. And this is where the idea for the initiative lies, and is the reason why I think the brico-community is important in the discussion. I don't know where it's going to end up at the moment, and certainly the scenario is precarious, but most agencies that work at stabilisation, infrastructure creation etc in transition regions know surprisingly little about the open source / open technologies communities, and their models of sustainability etc - so at the very least, those agencies can learn something from these practices, projects and initiatives.

greetings,

stephen

On 26.06.2012, at 20:55, pata de Perro wrote:

> Stephen, Forgive my supicious mind. What you explained sounds very interesting and very chalenging indeed. Hopefully you will be able to register this process so we can follow its development. I would be interested to find out much more. thanks,Vanessa
>
> 2012/6/26 John Hopkins <jhopkins@???>
> On 6/25/12 22:48, stephen kovats wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> apologies for the bumpy, run on sentences ... early morning mailing syndrome
> ... ;>
>
> hehe, no worries, 'twas being read late at night here ;-)
>
> jh
>
> --

> --
> Vanessa Gocksch
> www.intermundos.org
> www.systemasolar.com

stephen kovats
r0g_agency for open culture and critical transformation

supermarkt studio 3
brunnenstrasse 69
13355 berlin

+49 170 5887806
r0g-media.org
tweet @intertwilight

// ------------------ //

** THANKS for recent r0g_EVENTS **

#OSJUBA *towards an Open Source South Sudan*
Part 1: South Sudan and Open Source Culture
@KOW Brunnenstrasse 9, Berlin
Thursday June 21, 19.00 - 21.00
Part 2: #OSJUBA conference / workshop
@SUPERMARKT Brunnenstrasse 64, Berlin
Friday June 22, 10.00 - 18.00
http://r0g-media.org/osjuba/
http://www.facebook.com/events/387391117973861/

CIRCUM / POLARITY + C_plexus Solaris
featuring: Jan-Peter E.R. Sonntag and Mark Resch
February 29, 19.00 @ Marshall McLuhan Salon
Embassy of Canada Berlin
http://www.mcluhan-salon.de/calendar
http://arcticperspective.org