:: [Bricolabs] our film The Walker
Author: fabi borges
Subject: [Bricolabs] our film The Walker
kisses to everybody!!!
*
***
**The Walker is the result of an artist residency between september |
november 2011 in the Lake District, northwest England.

The project was selected by a cultural organization located in Manchester,
that annually promotes festivals involving new media and communities in the
region. The Festival 2011 provided three residences proposals in different
formats, which one was destined for brazilian artists. The residence in the
forest, which began in august with interventions in local events of the
region, was organized in partnership with three other non-governmental
entities responsible for the water, mountains and native flora of the
place. We'd lived for two months in a hostel located in the forest and had
worked with volunteer groups and with the local primary school.*

*The hole experience of the film was completely open and based on
collaboration, involving several people from the local community who
engaged intensively.*

*After the final edition of the film, the communication between us was
suspended and we were surprised by the no negotiable decision that some
scenes should be cut off , based on allegations of incomprehensible
narrative and representation. Some months after, the cultural organization
itself, that promoted the residency, also withdrew its support.*

*The film contains none of the names of persons, entities, partnerships and
support that made it possible.
Yet, we know that the realization of this experiment would not happen
without everyone's involvement, which we are thankful.*

*The process involved the natural environment we inhabited, the landscape,
rituals, performances, storytellers, local narratives, capture of sounds of
the forest and almost a year of negotiation. Finally, this interface
contains all the continuous documentation of the residency and also the
final imagetic experiment about a walker that crosses a forest and is
challenged by the spirit of the place.*

ali khodr | camila mello | fabiane borges

***
*Experimental Film Project presents*
*The Walker, 2011
*http://youtu.be/oHs10oPNWl0