:: [Bricolabs] Mr Paw and the Power th…
Author: Patrice Riemens
To: brico
Subject: [Bricolabs] Mr Paw and the Power that Be (was: well, something like the power that be ... ; -)

Hee Bricos!

KALO PASXA!!! (HAPPY PESACH TOO!)

I followed the 'dizkuzion' initiated by Mr paw with great interest. the
more so since I am reading Geert Brico-Lovink ;-) latest book "Networkd
without a Cause" (*) - which I can highly recommand - Geert, is there a
downloadable Pdf - or are we sailing the stormy blue seas of IP here?),
and then the chapter on organised networks ('orgnets' - Bricos is one, and
named as such), section on Wintercamp -> conflicts, and that's exactly
where Mr paw has landed us (as isuue, not act). My position:

(1) I found that Mr Paw's post raised most interesting, seldom discussed
issues, inviting us for some - also seldom practised - self-reflection.
Among (many) other things about the hegemony of the 'Lingua Quartii
Imperii' ("The Language of the Fourth Reich"), aka English, whether
King's- or not. And the ensuing cultural monoculture (sic) that comes of
it - under the guise of globalisation, even within the Brico list. Mr
Paw's style I found much more amusing than insulting, and got the 'David
Niven in the film "Death on the Nile" (**) smile from it.

(2) Jaromil's words about the ruckus I found most wise and balanced,
befitting the 'owner' of this list. Save the last sentence (elevated now
to a notable statement status ;-) about 'keeping your shit together'. made
me think of the "Law of the Transvaal" (***)

;-)

Cheers, patrizio and Diiiinooos!

(*)
http://networkcultures.org/wpmu/weblog/2011/06/27/networks-without-a-cause/

(**) "Well, at least we've got here a fresh approach!..."

(***) "Kak en betaal/Dat is de wet van Transvaal" (you shit you pay,
that's the law of the Transvaal). Donald Woods, editor of the East London
Daily Dispatch newspaper to the chief of the South African Police after
the police assassination of Steve Biko caused an international scandal.
Quoted in Richard Attenborough film 'Cry Freedom'.