:: Re: [Bricolabs] retry now for Virtu…
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] retry now for Virtueel Platform
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012, bronac@??? wrote:

> I would propose we respond with the following:
>
> bricolabs is a translocal, intraregional network that regards
> nationally determined cultural policies for 'new media'as attempts
> to dominate, rationalise, claim and own practices that exist by
> nature of being between and outside and beyond such
> frameworks. Inclusion of a network like bricolabs in a category such
> as Dutch media labs is futile, incommensurate, without reality and
> frankly deluded.
>
> Yours sincerely
> the bricolabs network

Bronac you are definitely the most elegant, calm, sharp and rational
voice of the whole circus here. This formulation washes away all my
narrow self-references and goes straight to the point which I also
reach to see now more clearly... for instance, what about the change
of name from Montevideo/Time Based Arts to Netherlands Media Art
Institute, which happened already some years ago? As someone else
wrote already "cultural meltdown in process".

Please then let's go ahead with this exact formulation.

The sarcastic question I'd leave on this table: when we can start
calling "collaborationists" those condescending cultural operators
selling out? ... :^/

I'll close this chapter, not worth spending more energy on it. Anyone
interested in teaming up in the Randstad area: dyne.org is up to
implement some kind of "emergent institution" gig (a la Commonwealth,
last chapter, first RTFM before contacting us..) with some important
patching to the concepts, as in less focus on singularity and emphasis
on processes and access.

Insha'Allah