:: Re: [Bricolabs] Anyone up for Fluxu…
Author: bronac
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Anyone up for Fluxus

<well, it's officially "Arts Birthday" globally we've had some fun collaborative
streaming parties over the years each January... thanks to Robert Filliou... But
I think it's #49 if I count correctly...>

Yes John thanks for flagging this. Given the entertainment caused by some of the works last night including Jamie Allen's rather hilarious skype impro with a lucidly silent Bernhard Garnicnigin Vienna there is no problem if we have to once again mark the 50th birthday next year again. Do you know this quote from Dick Higgins ”Fluxus existed before it had its name….Its participants never thought of themselves as a group until they were described as such in connection with the ‘Festum Fluxorum’ in Wiesbaden in 1962, by which time the participants had been doing ‘Fluxus work’ for four or five years”..

(Fluxus activist, Dick Higgins, cited in AN ANECDOTED TOPOGRAPHY OF CHANCE by Daniel Spoerri, Robert Filliou, Emmett Williams, Dieter Roth, Roland Topor (Atlas Arkhive Four, Documents of the Avant-Garde, 1995) PAGE 13 INTRODUCTION 1)

Much as I am loathe to think it it occurs to me that sometime in 2057 somebody somewhere might celebrate h Brico half century and one or two of you might be there to argue about it.
ciao

http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/archives/405
and
http://tech-no-mad.net/blog/archives/8603