:: [Frei0r] new year, new list and soo…
Author: Jaromil
To: frei0r
Subject: [Frei0r] new year, new list and soon new release

re all,

After some months of silence on this list, also due to my criticism of
the way Piksel so far lacked to host this project, I've been censored
by the art-director of the festival and rendered unable to write to
the any of the piksel mailinglists, including frei0r-devel. Before
reacting, I've choosed to wait patiently and see if this unilateral
action taken by Gisle would be followed by his own involvement to make
this project grow, but in fact nothing happened. I'm kind of surprised
given the fact so many freedom lovers involved in piksel had no
reaction whatsoever in front of such censorship. However, I'll save
you my personal feelings from now on.

With Frei0r we had a new release almost ready and I'm still willing to
facilitate its realization, many thanks to the great contributions of
people here, which IMHO deserve to be valued more than such
polemics. So I'll stop refraining this story here, sorry for taking so
long already, and provide hosting this (unmoderated) discussion list.

Another communication regarding frei0r, important for all the
developers with GIT write access:

1) the SSH fingerprint of the code.dyne.org server has changed,
possibly noticing you with a warning on the console at the next
connection. This is normal, there is no DNS SPOOF happening. The
new GIT repository IP is 178.21.114.184 (hosted in NL) and its SSH
fingerprint is: 1b:17:3c:f9:08:cb:70:ed:98:a3:28:05:11:fc:16:01.

2) the normal SSH connection port will also be available, making the
change needed in your .ssh/config obsolete (Port 2222). However,
for backward compatibility the port 2222 will still be open so you
won't have to change it right away...

3) web access to the GIT activity is available on
http://code.dyne.org/frei0r

4) if we think also an issue tracker is needed, I can look into making
one, or maybe someone here has a space to offer...

Thanks for your patient involvement

ciao

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39