:: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this …
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this event in amsterdam
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011, bronac@??? wrote:

> Can we reclaim social and media from their predominant current usage?

I'm up for writing an article on this, feeling like I can contribute a
decent analysis of the semantic slide of the word 'social' in recent
times, gladly leaving the media to someone else and sparring with more
bricos

a good stimulus for me now is this article
http://uninomade.org/la-costituzione-del-comune-e-le-ragioni-della-sinistra/
on the recent history of "left wing" political stances

this one is not yet touching an analysis on the use of term social,
but then the "social media" expropriation is a very a contemporary
phenomenon and Negri is kinda oldish

also I'm wondering if Geert's "unlike-us" conference can be a venue
for such a off-tech discussion..

for the rest, what to say? I'm not in Amsterdam now and it feels very
good like that, these days it is a place where form is so much more
important than content .

ciao