:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Questions on dyne:…
Author: Holger Beetz
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Questions on dyne:III, installing to HDD and nesting
Nice, I had success with a persistent home partition stored on a
virtual disk (I am currently only experimenting with VirtualBox).

Here are the steps I did:
1) Create a EXT3 partition with the label "home-rw"
2) Mount the partition "home-rw"
3) rsync all stuff from /home to the mounted partition (something like
sudo rsync -arv /home/ /media/home-rw/
4) Reboot dyne:bolic and add "persistent" to the grub entry (you can
edit grub entries by pressing TAB)

After this you have a persitent home directory. Now I can easily set
my default keyboard layout to german and the setting is remembered
after reboot :)

It might be nice if dyne:bolic has the persistent parameter enabled
per default. At least I can not imagine that this causes a problem.