:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic default …
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic default WM

re all,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, dreamer wrote:

> Ok, so it seems there is enough interest to actually try and get a
> configuration started.

> We have some nostalgia here, some minimalism there, easy and clean
> for teh noobs and elite configuration for the r34l h4ck3rs.

it would be really great if you can take a bit of that weight off my
shoulders! making confs is fun, but being alone can't be any better
than having a group having fun with it.

> So, how do we go about collaborating for a configuration? All I know
> from Dyne is the live-distro so how can we install and config?
>
> Any ideas are greatly welcomed :)

you use a revisioning system like Git to work on the config files
together. the configurations can be tested on dyne:bolic and then the
configuration directory committed to Git. However I guess first one
needs to get familiar with the configuration format, sometimes files
are found in ~/.config (freedesktop standard) sometimes in other
hidden directories.

I'd say start experiment, share your confs, use a wiki if Git is too
complicated.. I'll make sure all window managers for which
configurations are shared will be pre-installed in the next release,
due in December...

ciao