:: [dyne:bolic] More about multimedia …
Author: Marco Vladimir Lemus Yañez
Subject: [dyne:bolic] More about multimedia controls
Hi to everyone
There seems to be a lack of discussions in the mailing list, facing the
recent presentation of the new dyne:bolic it is strange, I guess everyone
is testing the version.
   Some time ago I mentioned a problem with multimedia controls for the
dell inspiron 8200 laptop, in fact the only problem (in almost all the
cases, for some player the all the controls just don't work) is the volume,
there is not a master volume control to handle (to change volume you must
use a mixer at the audio-video menu).
   Maybe in the next version there should be a master volume control (just
to mention, don't want to talk like a client or someone that is just
waiting somebody else makes things for him).
  Yesterday, while I was listening to an electronical musician (as part of
Day of the Deads, *dia de Muertos*, festival in México) notice he was using
Mac technology (ibooks and ipads), he spends enough money to "express
himself" (as he literally said), but the money should not be an impediment
to express, thats the plus in dynebolic, with old cheap (or even free)
technology you can do as much as a Mac user, the "computer world" is
becoming more and more a "consummer world" (somebody could change the
Kraftwerk lyrics), letting out the importance of knowledge, helping and
sharing it with others. I think a free software distribution (in fact any
operative system) as a compound of knowldege and collaborations, more than
a comercial product (I hope some day we can think the same about the
hardware and all cultural products).
   Sorry for the big mail, just wanted to share this point of view.
   Receive a fraternal hug.
    Vladimir