:: Re: [Bricolabs] Rome, October 15th …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: penelope.di.pixel
A: Bricolabs startup mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [Bricolabs] Rome, October 15th 2011
hello!

lurking on the list since a while, I would love to share an experiment of
observation we did during the riot in Rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J_FU8qAMtVg

This short video displays the activity on social networks (Twitter,
Facebook, Foursquare), transforming it in 3D visualizations growing on the
territory (data only refer to the city of Rome). The peaks and contours
represent the intensity of the communication and conversations that was
taking place from the start of the protest, at 3pm local time, up until its
approximate end, at 8pm local time. The animation shows the geo-referenced
intensity of messages for each 30 minute time slot from the beginning to the
end of the protest.

Watching it, we perceive immediately a mutation: the intersection between
public digital space and phisical territory, the observability of our online
activities, but also the possibility to create new forms, methodologies and
tools for protest, collaboration, organization, solidarity. Here some
reflections:

http://www.artisopensource.net/2011/10/16/versus-rome-october-15th-the-riots-on-social-networks/

The reinvention of political language and practices (and protest) seems
crucial. Big operators (public and private) have learned so well: for
example, they observe and analyze our digital life every days building on it
their own strategies with enormous benefits...

What about people who want to fight against it?

my 2 cents,
p.