:: Re: [Bricolabs] Rome, October 15th …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: xname
A: Bricolabs startup mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [Bricolabs] Rome, October 15th 2011
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 08:45:34PM -0600, John Hopkins wrote:

> But I also make this statement in the Quantum sense where The
> Observer changes That Which Is Observed.

This is what I had in mind,

> Having observers versus
> participants deeply affects the flow of an event. Now, someone will
> point out that many of the observers ARE participating;

but I would conclude the opposite: since, as Heisenberg told us, there is
no such a thing as reality without observation, we may think that there
are only observers, and that the difference between participants and
observers is apparent.

memory and databases, then, become important, because they are the only
proofs and traces of 'reality' - if it ever happened.

but nowadays mediation is excessive and there is a form of fusion between
humans and measurement and recording instruments, a fusion which may bring
about the surpassing of organic perception as a source of knowledge.

because mediating becomes an alibi, a refusal to feel, deferring to the
machinic memory - and to a future data mining, any relation with a present
pale and uncertain.

thus, isn't mediation (life recording) in some of these cases
(entertainment and activism) becoming a way to avoid observation - where
observation is an active process in the creation of a collectively shared
form of reality (and mediation is a passive method)?

> It is in
> the space of the immediate present where we encounter most
> profoundly the unknown Other. And with the encounter with the
> unknown, we learn to see the world differently, we are changed, and
> we change Others.

And it is only in the immediate present that this relation of attraction
and repulsion with Alterity can be embodied and disembodied, and the will
to be possessed can be satisfied.

E.