:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Persistent install
Author: El Evans
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Persistent install
You may be interested in this or not.

I copied the contents (including the hidden files) of /home/luther onto the
top level of a usb stick. Now when I boot dyne I mount the stick on
/home/luther replacing the temporary config files with the files I have on
the stick. This allows me to retain my application configurations.

I haven't figured out how to install deb packages and retain that over
boot, but I don't really need to because there are only a few that I use
that are not already included. I just compile the handful of apps from
source on the stick, adding --prefix=/path/to/dir/you/want/to/install/to to
the .configure command.