:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Testing on Dell In…
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Testing on Dell Inspiron 1501, Sonny VAIO and Toshiba Satellite C650D
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Junichirô wrote:

> Works on the three boxes; better on Toshi that runs 100% free (Dell
> too but needs openfwwf driver for Wifi that isn't on dyne). Just a
> problem: I can't set-up French environment. And more painful when I
> set-up latin9-only for keyboard (As I do for all distros I use or
> test) It won't activate right Alt or Alt Gr on French boxes; so
> can't write @ and other 3rd keys.

this is strange, i'm quite sure everything what's needed is already
inside, but i'm not sure how to switch it on. i think its about some
environmental variables that have to be set at boot, so maybe we need
to add scripts between GRUB and debian-live boots.

maybe the keyboard can be fixed with some utility in gnome?

i didn't had much time to look into these things and the manual we
still need to write, however gnome2 documentation should help here.

what i'm concentrating next is still bootscripts and some mechanism to
update them, plus also the module system so we can our own software
packages and also exchange them between each other like we always do

ciao