:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Testing on Dell In…
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Testing on Dell Inspiron 8200 & old PC

hola Marco,

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Marco Vladimir Lemus Yañez wrote:

> Hi everyone I've been testing dyne:bolic III on a Dell Inspiron
> 8200, it loads fast, runs great, looks perfect except the multimedia
> controls on the top of the keyboard, they don't work (not a big
> problem).

thanks for your report :) not sure about CD and DVD problem, let us
know if you figure out something we can fix in d:b

> One of my favorite things of dyne:bolic is that it runs in old
> computer, an old pentium 2 with 120 MB RAM is runnig using dyne
> 2.5.2, even I can use the dyne 2.6 alfa live cd once Jaromil give us
> to check,

yea! the 2.6 alpha actually had linux-libre on! so if you report it
working, that is good news. right now the version 2 is not for
download because we need to update the kernel to linux libre, the 2.6
alpha was a first attempt, now fruity is completing the task, then we
will have again version 2 which is important because that works on
*very* old computers indeed.

the dyne:III is for old computers, but not too old :) you need 256MB
ram and a pentium2 or preferably 3. we did it so because if you can't
run this then is better you use dyne:II ...

i'd say keep running 2.6 alpha on the old computer and stay tuned for
the 2.6 stable. we wanted to release it at the same time than the
3.0.0 but then something bad happened: fruity has to work to earn
money for his family and now he is working in a heavy metal factory
where he injured his hand, so he is going too slow on the keyboard now
and is taking a break to heal. but he'll be back on track soon :)

i know he is reading so that's a good occasion to cheer him up! y0 \o/

ciao

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39