:: [dyne:bolic] d:b 3.0.0 observations
Author: sayhi2guy@tiscali.co.uk
To: Dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] d:b 3.0.0 observations
Hi

I installed the latest d:b to a pendrive using unetbootin, ran it &
have a few observations to share.

This time there were no problems
booting in default or failsafe on my system.

The lower Gnome panel
did not work at all - it was just a blank strip & I had to switch
between apps with alt-tab.

Once again the audio was auto configured &
rock solid stable for me & I ran several audio apps with jack set to rt
with no xruns.

I was very pleased to see muse-sequencer on d:b. There
is a later stable release (1.1) - I have a deb package built on Ubuntu
Lucid if you do not mind a checkinstall package.

Suggestion: The audio
video menu is quite long. Perhaps separating the audio from the video
would be a good idea?

All in all looking like a nice solid platform to
work on. To me d:b had a certain 'feel good' factor other distros
lack.

Hope these help

Best Wishes
Guy