:: Re: [dyne:bolic] D:B IIII unauthori…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
Betreff: Re: [dyne:bolic] D:B IIII unauthorised net access 'mir'
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, don dondon wrote:

> Well I must admit that that idea that D:B connect by it self sounds
> just lige a candy to this guy.

d:b doesn't and *will never* connect automatically to any online service.

in fact a core feature of d:b is the possibility to work completely
offline. the "attempt to connect to mir" is a leftover of pure:dyne
and it basically consists of an attempt to connect to the default
localhost hostname "mir".

I'm on the task of fixing this issue along with a rewrite of whole
parts of the boot process, so expect it to be disappearing in the next
release.

so, thanks for reporting it!

we'll release the "3.0 public beta" next week! from there on we'll
keep the main versioning number progress: this will mean all 3.0
series will be "beta" (meaning: in development, testing welcome) so
please keep reporting issues until we'll reach a stable version and
all features of the dyne:II core are ported to this new apt-based
core.

I'm happy lots of people are getting mobilised for this release!
tonight we'll have a geek night session in Pescara with three people
(Urla, Blended and me) to analyse the release and discuss issues.

I hope people here will do the same and that we can come up to
something we can be all proud of :^D

ciao

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39