:: Re: [dyne:bolic] guitar tuner?
Author: a5'
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] guitar tuner?

> hi a5',
>
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, a5' wrote:
>>
>> For what its worth the intention was to offer a suggestion for the
>> new dynebolic because I find it frustrating that its the only thing
>> it doesn't have...
>

> you are right and back then about 5 years ago while rounding up on the
> applications to be included I've given to this a thought, especially
> since I also play guitar and strings in general.
>
> I did not took the initiative to include it into the audio module
> because of my belief on the broader topic of guitar tuning: its very
> useful to do it by ear. that way one can really train his/her ear for
> notes and, once you know it really you don't need a tuner anymore.
>
> after having learned to use harmonics for tuning (the higher sounds
> produced by soflty touching strings in particular positions, makes it
> kind of easier to finetune with more precision) and considering there
> is always an A tune diapason in my treasure chest, I don't feel the
> need for a semi-automatic guitar tuner.
>
> anyway, anyone can do a dyne module and include it, or compile it from
> source, or import it from other distributions as Guy says.
>
> i also recall giftmischer had a guitar tuner dyne module in his
> repository.
>
> ciao
>
> --
> jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
> GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39

-------*

You know,

I intended to go the same route although I was never really able to make
harmonics. I like the idea of tuning with a pitch pipe, but it is very
difficult for me, and I don't really care too much about tuning it. I
downloaded the module that Ryan suggested.

tune diapason?

thanks,

a5'

*----