:: Re: [dyne:bolic] will not find the …
Author: Secretary@eiL.neT
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] will not find the parallel port on dyne:bolic - Re: Debian 6.0 - and how d:b is progressing now
Hi Jaromil,

thank you

good idea http://bugs.dyne.org/signup_page.php

Matt Grice 2008-03-30 22:59 dynebolic mailinglist

has the solution :) modprobe some kernel modules

on 2.6.18-ck1-dyne

lsmod

modprobe ppdev
modprobe parport
modprobe lp

dmesg | grep ppdev
dmesg | grep parport
dmesg | grep lp

cupsd

www 127.0.0.1:631

LTP #1, and Parallel Port #1 Canon/Epson, will now
show up in the device drop down menu of CUPS

if not add parallel:/dev/lp0 as device URI in CUPS

as you see RastaSoft is so very attractive to us
here struggling with opening the command line
editor

we will learn, irie rasta mon ;)

http://eiL.neT/Secretary/

---