:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Contribution/Updat…
Author: Tino Engel
To: dynebolic
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Contribution/Updates
sers jaromil and all, (funny you know the word "sers" xD)

thanks for the reply.
i am feeling positive about things going on. :-) the dyne:bolic thing
has such a positive energy.

actually as far as i understood you, the future will be dyne:III. so
this is the place where i would like to participate. as long as you need
a helping hand.
i already had an idea: since i have not seen any 64bit versions, i could
take care of having a 64bit release of dyne:III.

following some loose thoughts of mine:
- there are various dyne:III previews and instructions in various
places. maybe it would make sense to use a scm (svn, git, whatever) to
channel the development in a single, shared place. maybe this exists and
i just did not find any.
- in case of having a 32 and a 64bit release, double work should be
avoided by development design.
- depending on the amount what has already been done and the amount of
work that would be needed to port, maybe it would make sense to go with
10.04 lts instead of 9. that would guarantee 3 years of support and
availability for the dyne:III base. anyhow this is maybe a bad idea
since pure:dyne is based on 9. I just wanted to throw the thought into
the room.
- the italian parts of the instructions make it virtually impossible to
read that parts i would love to see English for important parts. ;-)

anyhow i would love to participate in your project.

concerning my mp3 shop: it really can only handle mp3's, no proper way
to sell ebooks, since all the prelistening stuff and generating of shop
list would not work. sorry about that.
and audio book would of course be possible. :)

greetings in the name of his majesty, tino